Porcelain Veneers Near You
Teeth are not always shaped and aligned the way you want them to be and can become discoloured, chipped, and worn over time. Veneers are a flexible and versatile alternative to temporary whitening and extensive orthodontics that can quickly and drastically transform your smile.
Receiving Porcelain Veneers
Veneers are custom-made shells of porcelain. Porcelain is highly stain-resistant and reflects light similar to the way your own teeth do. Covering your otherwise healthy teeth with veneers can change the length, size, shape, and colour of them. Small — and thin — changes to any one of those characteristics can make an immediate and long-lasting cosmetic change to your appearance.
Receiving veneers in Calgary, AB involves two appointments. At your first appointment, your dentist will measure your teeth to prepare a custom-fit veneer — one that not only matches your tooth but also makes changes to the shape, colour, spacing, and size. You and your dentist will choose the colour and shape to match your existing teeth and face. Then, a very thin layer of enamel will be removed from your teeth to make room for your new veneers to sit flush, securely, and comfortably on your teeth.
Understanding the Procedure
At your second appointment for veneers in Calgary, AB, the fit of your veneers will be assessed and confirmed, along with making sure they accomplish your goals. Then, those new veneers will be bonded securely to your teeth. With proper care, veneers can last for up to 15 years.
Veneers from a dentist’s office are vastly superior to DIY veneer options which do exist on the market. Do-it-yourself veneers don’t look natural. They aren’t comfortable. They’re not permanent, and they’re probably not porcelain. DIY veneers are more like dentures that you wear during the day, but take out at night for cleaning.
Key Points About Veneers
- Receiving porcelain veneers from a dentist near you involves an initial consultation to determine if you are a candidate.
- Porcelain veneers are versatile enough to transform the colour, shape, size, and spacing of teeth.
- We provide porcelain veneers near Cranston to correct discolouration that cannot be solved by whitening. Typically, veneers treat the discolouration caused by trauma, infection, or the side effects of medications.
- You can preserve and prolong the lifespan of your veneers by avoiding harmful habits such as biting your nails and chewing pencils.
- If you grind your teeth or clench your jaw, your dentist in Calgary, AB will offer more appropriate cosmetic options than veneers.
If you are interested in receiving porcelain veneers near you, contact our dental office today to schedule a consultation. We are happy to offer porcelain veneers near you to enhance your smile.